Dayton Lodge No 147 Craft Club
Awards shall be presented, as they are accrued, to all Craft members (excluding Lodge Officers). The awards presentation shall take place in open Lodge as soon as possible after points are tallied. In addition, there shall be an annual Dayton Lodge Craft Club appreciation dinner, the date of which to be announced by the Worshipful Master and the Craft Club Captain.
CRAFT CLUB POINT VALUES
Dayton Lodge #147 Activities
1) 10 pts Attendance at Lodge stated Meetings with no Degree work.
2) 15 pts Attendance at a Lodge meeting conferring an E.A., F.C. or MM Degree.
3) 20 pts Attendance at a Lodge meeting conferring a M.M. Degree and performing parts: 1 thru 6, 10 thru 12, Ship’s Captain or Wayfaring Man.
4) 25 pts Attendance at a Lodge meeting conferring a M.M. Degree and performing parts: 7, 8 or a Ruffian.
5) 30 pts Attendance at a Lodge meeting conferring a M.M. Degree and performing speaking part 9.
(the above points also apply for alternates, not performing)
6) 5 pts Visitor at any Lodge – stated or installation.
7) 10 pts Visitor at any Lodge – conferring E.A, F.C. or M.M. Degree.
8) 15 pts Visitor at any Lodge – conferring E.A, F.C. or M.M. Degree and performing a speaking part.
9) 15 pts Attending an inspection in the 2nd Masonic District.
10) 15 pts Visitation at or performing a duty by order of the Lodge at the Ohio Masonic Home.
11) 10 pts Visitation to a Brother in the Hospital or at home, who is suffering ill health or injury.
12) 15 pts Visitation to any Dayton Lodge sponsored Youth Group meeting or activity.
13) 15 pts Attendance at a Masonic Funeral Service.
14) 25 pts Attendance at a Masonic Funeral Service and giving a Master or Chaplin speaking part.
Lectures and Charges
15) 700 pts Learning a Degree lecture – approved by the Lodge Officers.
16) 350 pts Presenting a lecture when conferring a Degree.
17) 150 pts Learning Degree charges – approved by the Lodge Officers.
18) 75 pts Presenting a Charge when conferring a Degree.
NOTE: The above points do not apply for Past Masters.
Any pins or awards given to officers who present lectures and charges will be only be presented to Craft Club members at the discretion of the Worshipful Master.
19) 15 pts Attendance at a Dayton Craft rehearsal.
20) 15 pts Attendance at a Dayton Craft Club meeting.
21) 50 pts Serving as a Craft Club Officer for one year.
22) 100 pts Serving as Floor Captain for one year.
23) 25 pts Serving on the phone committee for one year.
24) 15 pts Working in the preparation room.
25) 5 pts Assisting the Tyler to set up and take down Lodge.
26) 5 pts Assisting the Tyler to get out and put away regalia for the M.M. Degree.
Service to the Lodge
27) 15 pts Serving at Dayton Lodge dinners, dances and/or other entertainment.
28) 5 pts Assisting Stewards with Lodge refreshments when requested.
29) 5 pts Bring a visitor to Dayton Lodge.
30) 5 pts Providing rides to non-driving members to any Masonic function.
31) 50 pts Assisting at V.A. for Church Services for Dayton Lodge #147.
32) 100 pts Submitting a petition to Dayton Lodge #147 – when petitioner receives Master Mason Degree.
33) 10 pts Participating as a member of the Investigation Visitation Committee.
34) 50 pts Class/Candidate Instructor – when class/candidate examined in open Lodge.
35) 30 pts Each pint of blood donated to the blood bank for Dayton Lodge #147
Awards will be accrued as follows:
Running total————————————– Individual Points
50 pts – A Craft lapel pin. (50 pts)
350 pts – The basic apron with the all seeing eye. (300 pts)
375 pts – One star will be added to the apron. (25 pts)
400 pts – One star will be added to the apron. (25 pts)
425 pts – One star will be added to the apron. (25 pts)
450 pts – One star will be added to the apron. (25 pts)
475 pts – One star will be added to the apron. (25 pts)
575 pts – One pillar will be added to the apron. (100 pts)
675 pts – One pillar will be added to the apron. (100 pts)
875 pts – One beehive will be added to the apron. (200 pts)
1075 pts – One bee will be added to the apron. (200 pts)
1275 pts – A gold braid to surround the apron. (200 pts)
1775 pts – A tie with the Blue Lodge Masonic emblem. (500 pts)
2275 pts – Engraved trowel. (500 pts)
Points will be tallied starting with the month of September and ending with the last stated meeting at which the Lodge goes dark. Any points accrued between the last stated meeting at which the Lodge went dark and the following September, will be awarded during that next September, when the Lodge has returned to light.
Questions or comments? See the Craft President, Ballard Yates, PM, or go to the CONTACT page. Brother Seubert will receive messages pertinent to the Craft sent through this form.